April 30th, 2006
|03:49 pm - Lyrics meme|
Ganked from kadnkadnk:
The meme is to put all your music on random shuffle, and post the first lines of the first 10 songs or so (that have lyrics). The challenge is for other people to then try to name the song and the artist.
1. U don't have 2 be beautiful 2 turn me on... lizzielizzie 2. When I was young, you said to me that I would grow to find... z_gryphon 3. I could see it was a rough-cut Tuesday... sacredchao
4. In my life I've never stopped to worry about a thing...
5. Sleep, baby, sleep, in peace may you slumber... jagheterlelle 6. Lux aeterna luceat eis, Domine! slarti
7. I'm mad, and that's a fact...
8. The face before me flies...
9. Don't move, don't talk out of time, don't think, don't worry, everything's just fine... quietlyurban
10. Like to take a cement fix...
I'm not sure I've ever posted a lyrics quiz that didn't include "Kiss", random-play or otherwise. (And the version that came up on shuffle was actually the Art of Noise cover featuring Tom Jones, but Prince is also the right answer.)
I was hoping that was the Art of Noise version. :)
#2 is, of course, "Song of the South" by Big Country. The others, I have no idea. :)
1. Prince, u don't have to be...
#5 is MLF Lullaby by Tom Lehrer.
#3 is "Freeze-Frame," by the J. Geils Band.
I bow before your flash-back brilliance.
Now I'm going to have that stuck in my head.
Is #6 Megadeth? I can't remember the song name, but I think it's track 6 on The System Has Failed.
Ummm. No, not Megadeth. (At least, while those words may also be the first line of a Megadeth song, that's not what I shuffled up.)
|Date:||May 1st, 2006 01:09 pm (UTC)|| |
Would #6 be the "Lux Aeterna" section from Verdi's "Requiem" ?
Well, the requiem I shuffled up was Mozart's, but AFAIK, it's the "Lux Aeterna" section of any requiem. :-)
|Date:||May 1st, 2006 01:47 pm (UTC)|| |
Well, okay, the latter is a good point, but I tend to most readily associate the Requiem with Verdi, so.
|Date:||May 1st, 2006 03:51 pm (UTC)|| |
Actually, that's only partially true. While I most readily associate the Requiem with Verdi, I most readily associate that line
from it with one of the works of Industrial Monk
One of the remaining songs HAS to be Bowie, because I can't imagine a random ten songs from you not having Bowie somewhere in it. . .
*ahem* You and your intuition may want to take another gander at #10... :-)
|Date:||May 1st, 2006 04:54 pm (UTC)|| |
Now that I come to think of it...
...Mr. Bowie has also covered song #4, though it wasn't his version that came up on the shuffle.