May 2nd, 2006
|09:24 am - Lyric meme answers|
1. U don't have 2 be beautiful 2 turn me on...
—Prince, "Kiss" (gotten by lizzielizzie)
2. When I was young, you said to me that I would grow to find...
—Big Country, "Song of the South" (gotten by z_gryphon)
3. I could see it was a rough-cut Tuesday...
—J. Geils Band, "Freeze-Frame" (gotten by sacredchao)
4. In my life I've never stopped to worry about a thing...
—The Kinks, "Where Have All the Good Times Gone?"
5. Sleep, baby, sleep, in peace may you slumber...
—Tom Lehrer, "MLF Lullaby" (gotten by jagheterlelle)
6. Lux aeterna luceat eis, Domine!
—Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (or any other Requiem composer, really), "Lux Aeterna" (gotten by slarti)
7. I'm mad, and that's a fact...
—Talking Heads, "Animals"
8. The face before me flies...
—Alice in Chains, "What the Hell Have I"
9. Don't move, don't talk out of time, don't think, don't worry, everything's just fine...
—U2, "Numb" (gotten by quietlyurban)
10. Like to take a cement fix...
—David Bowie, "Andy Warhol"
See, there's the thing. Once I know the answer, I can hear the opening line, but apparently my brain just doesn't work the other way.
Which is interesting, since in college when Joachim and I were hanging out listening to new music, I was always the one saying "ooh, cool turn of phrase" where he said things like "hey, weird chord/time-signature there".