January 27th, 2004
Visited states in red: so far, I've visited 29 of the 50.
I'm amused that after fourteen years of living in Massachusetts, I still haven't found a good reason to go to Vermont or Maine.
(edited/updated after my sister pointed out that I had, in fact, been through Utah and Wyoming on a river-rafting trip as a small child)
You've never gone to L.L.Bean???
Reasons to visit Vermont:
* Some of -the- most beautiful fall foliage displays you'll ever see - Smuggler's Notch, Quechee Gorge, Killington, Route 4, etc.
* Pogo's hometown of Woodstock, VT.
* Cabot Cheese factory!
* Ben & Jerry's factory!
* Simon Pearce glass store and glass blowing demonstration center
* The Vermonter: turkey, sharp cheddar and maple syrup soaked granny smith apples, on your choice of bread or roll. TEH YUM.
Reasons to visit Maine:
* The softest beach ever in Ogunquit.
* Ogunquit. It's just darling. And so very gay, in a much more subtle way than Provincetown. I adore it.
* Portland is a really neat city. With bead stores! Beads, YAR!
* That famous signpost, pointing you to Norway and Sweden and Poland Springs.
* Acadia National Park.
Having just recently done an article about the national flu epidemic, I found this map's resemblance to this
both startling and amusing.
It wasn't me! I haven't been in any of the western states for more than two decades!
has its own LJ. :-)